lunes, 22 de abril de 2013
The Healing Power Of Ginger
What can we say about Ginger? Well, It grows in all tropical regions around the world. The more expensive varieties and higher quality usually come from Australia, India and Jamaica, while the most traded are grown in China and Peru.
Its name comes from the Indo-European: which means "horn body." Appropriate name in view of the configuration of this root.
The plant can grow up to 1.8 meters in height. It has lanceolate leaves and white flowers. It is highly coveted in the food industry to give a spicy flavor to many different dishes.
1. Stimulating the pancreas, increases the production of enzymes that promote digestion and prevent the occurrence of a number of side effects related to poor absorption thereof. Its power is also effective in preventing intestinal bacterial problems that occur due to alterations of the intestinal flora.
2. Ginger promotes blood circulation, helping to dissolve clots from arteries and lowering the levels of cholesterol in the blood. Not everyone can tolerate ginger, but if you enjoy this aromatic plant, you can prepare in the following way. Fresh ginger works well as a tea in boiled water with pure honey, grated on a vegetable juice, or added to foods, such as vegetables or meat sautéed with chopped or grated over fish, or added to sauces or dressings.
3. It helps prevent some of the respiratory diseases.
Ginger root can help keep your air passages clean. As a natural expectorant, ginger helps breaks down and removes mucus you develop during certain respiratory ailments.
4. Ginger also has antiviral properties in the form of Minerals: Manganese, chromium, zinc, silicon, phosphorus. Amino acids: arginine, leucine, isoleucine, methionine, niacin, tryptophan, histidine. as well as essential oils: limonene, citral, etc.... Fatty acid: linoleic, oleic, myristic, etc. Fiber.
5. It is a good, anti-inflammatory and analgesic. A 2010 study found that ginger relieves pain, especially pain induced by exercise. By eating raw ginger instead of ginger heat treated, the pain was reduced by 25% within 24 hours.
6. It removes bad breath and refreshes the mouth. It also increases the production of saliva.
7. It is considered a good aphrodisiac, can stimulate sexual desire and increase libido.
8. Other essential properties of ginger are phenolic antioxidants, which help protect against diseases caused by oxidative damage, including heart disease, stroke and cancer.
A new study has revealed that ginger can treat, and even prevent ovarian cancer. Along with the antioxidant properties of ginger and cancer-fighting properties, ginger is also a compound called gingerol, which is an anti-inflammatory.
The study found that ginger halted the growth in cultured ovarian cancer cells, and inhibited the transition step, where tumors move from a dormant state to a malignant state.
Ginger can be used in many food recipes also, Check out the link below.